Our vision at Macedonia Baptist is for kids to follow Jesus closer today than they did yesterday.
Using engaging worship and biblical teaching, we help develop intentional relationships between kids and their leaders, all while partnering with parents to raise their kids to know and follow Jesus.
Kid’s Sunday School classes
Kid’s Worship Service
(During the school season)
Director Children’s Ministry
I am originally from Owensboro, graduating from Daviess County High School in ’96 and from the University of Southern Indiana in ’01. I have been a member of MBC since I was a little girl and blessed to be on staff since 2014. One of my favorite things about being the children’s director at Macedonia is getting to witness to the children and watch them grow in their faith.
I married my wonderful husband, Jason, at Macedonia in 2001. We have three amazing boys, Bo, Nolan, and Kamden. I love to spend time with my family and watch our boys play baseball and basketball.
- Kindergarten/1st Grade (Room 313)
- 2nd/3rd Grade (Room 315)
- 4th/5th Grade (Room 312)
- Children’s Church is an option during the morning worship for kids grades K-5th Grade
- There is worship time in the sanctuary at 10:30 while sitting with their group and leaders
- At 11:00, the children are taken out of the sanctuary for small group time/activity with their leaders.
- Centershot for 3rd through 5th Grade
- Centershot is our newest ministry at Macedonia that offers each child an opportunity to become skilled at archery and also have a time of devotion with other kids their age.
- Pre-K through 2nd grade have activity time and music
During School Season
- Cubbies (3yr. old through Pre-K)
- Sparks (Kindergarten through 2nd Grade)
- TNT (3rd through 5th Grade)
Easter Egg Hunt
Saturday of Easter Weekend 10:00-11:30am
- The Easter Egg Hunt is offered to children from ages crawling through 5th grade
- There are over 1,500 stuffed eggs every year
- A short Easter story is told to the children and an activity for each age group is planned
- Names are drawn for prizes and a snack is given at the end
Vacation Bible School
June for 3yr olds – 5th grade 9:00am-12:00pm
- The children are put into separate classes depending on their age with at least two or three leaders
- We have a week long theme that covers a certain part of the Bible with fun stories and activities
- Recreation, Craft, Missions, Music Movements/Singing, and Snack are offered for everyone
Trunk or Treat
- Our trunk or treat is usually on Sunday night, the week of Halloween. It is a safe alternate for our children and an outreach to our community.
- There are always several trunks with a lot of candy along with food, usually chili from our annual chili cook-off.
- Inflatables and games are always fun for the children and our hay ride too.